OAASC Remains Strong for 2020 – A Message from Your Association Chair
Earlier this week, members of the OAASC Executive Committee met with Randy Leffler’s business partners at Select Association Management in Columbus. These association professionals – Heidi Moss, Nikki Glenn and Kam Yuricich – have been working alongside Randy over his 12 years as OAASC executive director and many of you have met them at our annual conferences over the past decade.
We had a great meeting on Tuesday and began working on a plan to ensure the exceptional services our members have received under Randy’s leadership continue without disruption. The following is an update on numerous association activities for our membership as we kick off 2020. We are committed to continuing our excellent service and want to assure our members that the association remains in good hands as we move forward.
- Announcement of 2020 Officers – At the Board of Director’s 12/12/2019 meeting, officers were appointed to two-year terms effective Jan. 1, 2020 as follows:
Chair: Barb Draves, The Surgery Center
Vice Chair: Deborah Bray, Tri- State Centers for Sight|
Secretary: Sarah Paul, Dublin Surgery Center
Treasurer: Tracy Peters, Mentor Surgery Center
Past Chair: Victoria Caillet, Amsurg
- Save the date for the year’s OAASC Annual Conference - We’re pleased to announce that we have booked our annual conference for 2020. We’ll be returning to the Hilton Columbus/Polaris for the conference on Sept. 30-Oct. 1, 2020. Save the date on your calendar and watch for information in the months ahead on OAASC’s website! For associate members, renew your membership and also book your OAASC Annual Confernce exhibit space to be sure you don’t miss out on this popular event maximizing your visibility with Ohio ASCs. Click here for details on membership dues and conference exhibit pre-registration.
- Open call for committee volunteers – We are updating our committee rosters so please consider joining (or re-joining!) and becoming an integral part of Ohio’s ASC community. These committees form the true heart of the association, bringing together a wide variety of participants to identify and address the needs of Ohio ASCs. We are seeking volunteers for the following committees: Education, Finance, Membership, Reimbursement, Government Affairs, and Clinical Quality and Outcomes. If you’ve been a committee member in the past, or you’re new to a committee, please CLICK HERE to submit an updated application. If you have any questions, please contact the OAASC office at 652.9928.
- Final membership dues notice – The OAASC staff will be sending the third and final round of dues invoices to members shortly and we hope we can count on your company’s continued support in 2020! Thank you to many of you who have already paid dues to renew your membership. If you have any questions about your member benefits or the membership renewal process, please contact the OAASC office at 614.652.9928.
- Feedback needed on OAASC educational offerings – As we make plans for this year’s educational programs, we’d like your input on topics and issues that you’d like the association to address. This could include sessions on clinical, legal, financial, HR, credentialing, regulatory, legislative, accreditation, or any other issues your ASC faces for necessary staff training and professional development. Watch for an education survey coming soon and please participate!
There are many other association projects underway which we’ll be working on and providing updates in the coming weeks. Those include on-going payer outreach discussions with the Ohio Association of Health Plan and Medicaid managed care plans, reimbursement discussions with BWC and the Ohio Department of Medicaid, the association’s reimbursement survey and a number of legislative initiatives including price transparency legislation (SB 198/HB 388), CRNA legislation (HB 224), Ohio Department of Health regulations, Annual Conference planning and possible 2020 member webinars and much more.
As your association Chair, I want to assure you that we are focused on continuing to serve the needs of our members. We appreciate our members on-going support of OAASC and the leadership from Select Association Management during this transition time in the wake of Randy’s passing. In the coming weeks, please don’t hesitate to contact me at email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns about OAASC’s services and member benefits.